Ganesha Chaturithi – The Birth Day Of Veghana-Harta (Obstacle-Averter) & Vegana-Karta (Obstacle-Creator For Evil Doers)August 26, 2014
Ganesha Chaturithi – The Birth Day Of Veghana-Harta (Obstacle-Averter) & Vegana-Karta (Obstacle-Creator For Evil Doers)
India is rightly said to be the land of festivals. It may be Janamashtmi, Ramnaumi, Shivaratri, Eid, Good Friday, Diwali, Dussehra, Prakash Diwas of Sikh Gurus, we celebrate these festivals with utmost fervor and total involvement; forgetting the worries we confront. All the communities, without any discrimination, participate in these festivals with utmost fervor and enthusiasm.
Before delving as to why we celebrate Ganesh Chatruti, it is essential that we should know the circumstances and how life was infused in a lifeless creation by Lordess Parvti.
Ganesh Chaturthi or Vinayak Chaturthi is celebrated on the birthday of Lord Ganesha, which falls between 19th August to 20th September He is the most loved son of Lord Shiva and Lordess Parvati. The devotees’ firm belief is that on this day, he bestows his blessings on us with his presence and showers his bounties (shuvta) on us as he is the Lord of prosperity, unlimited wisdom, and a trouble shooter to the core.
The Ganesha’s birthday is celebrated according to the Hindu Calendar month of Bhaadrapada starting with the Shukla Chaturthi – 4th day of the waxing moon period till 14th day of waxing of moon. There is a celebration of ten days for which exhaustive preparations are made before hand. This includes; procuring of lovely idol of Lord Ganesha, preparation of eatable, especially modaks for friends and relatives, some install Ganesha Idol on this day. This festival is celebrated in almost all the parts of India. Even in foreign countries like Canada, USA, UK etc where Indians are there, this festival is celebrated with gaiety and enthusiasm.
How the Birthday of Lord Ganesha came about?
Legend has it that Lordess Parvati created Ganesha out of sandalwood paste which was applied on Her body before taking bath. She was impressed by her own creation which ignited her curiosity of breathing / infusing life into that creation. Low and behold, the creation of Maan Parvati came to life!
Subsequently, She told him to guard the entrance of the bathroom and ordered him not to allow anybody enter it while she took bath. All this transpired when Shiva had gone somewhere. When He returned back, Ganesha, standing guard, did not allow Him to enter. On asking who he was. Ganesha replied that he was Ganesha the son of Maan Parvati.
Lord Shiva sent His Ganas to teach the child first lesson in mannerism. As Ganesha was created by Shakti, he was very powerful besides being obedient to the core. Indira and his army of demigods too used their power to overpower Ganesha but in vain.
Now it was the turn of Narda with Saptarishis came for persuading the child for allowing Lord Shiva but it was also a futile exercise. All this infuriated Lord Shiva still further. Out of anger, He severed the head of Ganesha. When Maan Parvati came out after Her bath, she found the severed head from the body of her creation. This scene enraged her immensely. Observing her state, Lord Shiva promised to bring back to life their son. For this purpose, the demigods went in search of the person facing north. They could not find any humans. They could find only bring the elephant’s head which was fixed on the headless body. Ganesha came back to life instantly through the supernatural powers of Lord Shiva.
Modhak (dumpling made out of grinded rice, mixed with sugar, jugglery, fruits etc) is the choicest eatable of Lord Ganesha.
WHY GANESH CHATURATHI IS CELEBRATED?
Previously, only Hindus used to participate in the festivities but presently there is a community participation in this festival. There is enactment of concerts; discourses based on intellectual/spirituality related topics, skits, folk dances etc. Dahi Handi competition is another interesting and much awaited by the participants. Here prizes are also given. People of all castes, religions and colour participate in these festivities and this becomes a fertile ground for national integration and engenders understanding between different communities. All these activities have twofold benefit. Firstly, it enhances unity in diversity and secondly it ensures completive fervor between people.
As Lord Ganesh is embodiment of good tidings, people start their new businesses on this auspicious day so as to have His blessings for the success.
From the above, it is evident that this auspicious day of Ganesh Chatruthi is celebrated for ensuring cohesion / unity between all the communities, encourage non-discriminatory ideas/ideals besides getting opportunity to celebrate the auspicious occasion imbibing spiritual onward march and finally to get Lord Ganesh’s bounties of unlimited intelligence and wisdom.
A VISIT TO SHANIDHAM AT SHINGANAPUR
JAI SHANIDEV JI
Shinganapur is 70 Kms away from Shirdi. It is located on Highway No. 60 in Ahmednagar District of Maharashtra. The scenery on both the sides of the road is really enchanting from Shirdi to Shingnapur. The pomegranate gardens, the rose gardens, and sugarcane fields enliven our body, mind and soul. Almost two hours journey from Shirdi is indeed refreshing.
This village covers an area of 160 hectors. In olden times, the population of the village was very less only 20-30 huts but this village has increased manifold. There used to be only 20-30 kacha houses but now pucca houses, besides school, hotels, banks, imposing bus stand are also there. But one thing I have personally seen is that residents do not lock their houses because there is no thievery. Really surprising! It was also mentioned by the people that up till now there is no police complaint. People of this village are both spiritual and helpful and to cap it all hospitable.
LEGEND OF LORD SHANIDEV
There is verifiable legend about the existence of Lord Shanidev. It is said that about 350 years back, there was a heavy rain. Pananala was flooded. Villagers saw a huge stone like thing, made up of iron and stone entangled with the berry tree. This had come in the floods. The villagers, out of curiosity, poked a stick at the stone. To their utter surprise, blood started oozing from the rock hard stone.
At night one of a village devotee had a dream. Shanidev told him to pick the idol from the place but it should be done only by those who are related as maternal uncle and nephew. People tried their level best to lift the idol of Shanidev but in vain. Finally, it was decided that it ought to be installed at the place where it was found after floods. A quadrangular terrace was made since it was observed that buried portion of the idol was more than the exposed one. No shelter was made because of Shanidev’s wishes.
SIGNIFICANCE OF LORD SHANIDEV IN OUR LIVES
- He punishes for the sins without discrimination. For his rich or poor are same in this respect.
- Vedic Mahamantra for Shanidev is given below:-
‘Om nilanjan samabhasam, Raviputram Yamagrajan.
Chhaya martand Sambhutum
Tamn namami shanishwaram.’
It emphasizes that those who suffer for a prolonged period of time should pray sincerely; keeping our body and mind pure.
- On the new moon day, people come to Shanidham for prayers and get protection for the misfortunes. He protects all from the enemies.
- Shanidev could be pleased when people pray Him with pious heart.
- He is Justice Dispenser. He does not forgive the evil doers that is why people fear Him the most.
- He loves black colour.
- He protects those who are shunned by the society.
- He is the Lord of knowledge and helps in facultgies like business related to iron, transportation etc.
- Welfare of the general masses is His priority.
- Nothing to be kept on the head while having his dharshan.
- Shanidev is very kind hearted for troubled souls but purity is His important condition for his boon.
There were many true stories attached to Shanidev. There was an incident of taking away a pair of bullock. The thieves took them to more than 30 kms from the village. Having got tired, they wanted to take a nap. When they got up, they found themselves at Shinganapur itself. The villagers found them but forgave them as they confessed their fault.
IMPORTANCE OF SHINGNAPUR
- It is a place where no theft, robbery happens. No complaints to the police till date.
- Nobody ever have seen ghost etc in the area.
- There is a peace and harmony amongst the people of different castes/religions.
- No cheating at this place. Quick justice of anybody resorts to this.
- No one behaves with distrust here.
- People are cooperative, hospitable and kind.
- Maan Lakshmi temple is located near Shasni dham.
- OM SHAM SANICHAR AYE NAMAN
While negotiating the ups and downs of our lives, we come across problems, these problems could be due to our own mistakes or partly destined. When we are unable to solve those problems, we have to believe on faith healing. If nothing works, our Creator’s healing touch works wonders.
- Amongst the trinities; Lords Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh are assigned the duties of Creation, Operation/Evolution and Destruction respectively. Lord Shanidev is responsible for punishing for our sins in this life itself. He does not pardon for our faults. Not only the humans even the Gods cannot escape His wrath. He is one of the 9 sons of Lord Sun (Surya). He also gives us rewards for our good deeds. His blessings are sought after. He is black in colour and even the colour of his robe is black. The other son is Yama whose responsibility is to take the Souls to their proper place after death in accordance with their Karma.
MAY LORD SHANIDEV MAY BESTOW PEACE AND PROSPERITY TO ALL THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.
My friend has REALLY bad temper?
One of my best friends friends she has super bad temper , i love her but at times i feel like honestly i cant handle her, and it brings me down.
Like one day me her and one of my other friend lets call her (a) decided to eat pizza ha ha, so anyways she was like i wanna see the menu in some posh restaurant so i was like yeah ok and she was like ok lets eat here and i was like i thought we settled for pizza and i was like i dont really like anything here because i dont eat salad , and they mostly had sandwiches for lunch menu and she was like ” FINE THEN LETS HAVE IT YOUR WAY , LETS EAT UNHEALTHY PIZZA, YOU ARE SO PICKY I DONT EAT THIS I DONT EAT THAT” and my other friend was like o.O so on our way to pizza place my friend A suggest subway and she was like NO U WANNA EAT PIZZA SO LETS ITS PIZZA lol
and some other day we went out clubbing and her dad was giving us a lift i was bit drunk so halfway there i told her i left my id in her house and she was like its ok they wont ask you and we went and they did and she was like ” SEE THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE DRUNK YOU LEAVE YOUR ID AT HOME NO THE TIME IS TICKING DOWN ” and i was like i did forgetbut i remembered halfway so we could of turned around and she was like ” DONT ****** BLAME THIS ON ME” ha ha in the middle of the street.
I dunno what to do with her , i tried talking to her and she was like yeah you were annoying me, she is soooo nice the other times but im scared waiting for her to
• Harbans answered 3 years ago
Just try to understand her state of mind. She must be in deep trouble and in the process must have acquired this mindset. If you are her true friend, just try understanding her. Give positive suggestions.
Accept her as she is presently. Understand her problem. Try solving them if you are able to. These sorts of people are the ones who are spurned by the people around whom they are brought up. They may have been subjected to adverse environment around and in the process acquired negativity.
Small things add up to make difference. If she is doing one thing without any negative response give her that credit and see how much she will be changing herself for better day after day.*
*Bad temper is number one enemy of a person. In bad temper your rationality just goes awry. You react to a situation which keeping since will suffice. You just think your reaction was correct, but actually it is not since nobody acts wisely when under the influence of anger.
Just shun anger otherwise, it will eat you bit by bit, leaving you only when you are not left with anything – body or mind or any friend to bank on.
JANAMASHTAMI (HEARTIEST FELICITATIONS TO ALL)
Known as Krishnashtami or sometimes merely as Janmashtami, is the day for the celebration of the birth day of Lord Krishnana – the 8th incarnation of Lord Visnu.
It falls on 8th day of Ashtami of Krishna Paksha (dark fortnight) in the month of August-September. The Lila played in the life of Krishan, His youthful days etc, is enacted and prominently displayed. This day is celebrated special in Mathura and its surrounding areas with great enthusiasm.
Krishna was the eighth son of Devaki and Vasudeva. According to the record, the birthday of Krishna falls on 19th July 3228 BCE. He belonged to Jadavas of Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
Kansa was feeling very happy after marrying Devki to Vasudeva. While he was taking his newly wed sister and Vasudev to their home, he heard a prophecy from the heaven above that the eighth son of Devki will kill Kansa.
Legend hasA it that Kansa the elder brother of Devaki imprisoned his father Ugrasena and usurped the thrown as he was afraid of the
prophecy that he would be killed by the eighth son of Devaki. King Kansa wanted to kill his sister Devaki then and there. But Vasudeva promised the mighty king that he will hand over all his sons/daughters born out of Devaki to him. Thus Kansa imprisoned the the couple. After Kansa killed the first six children, and Devaki’s apparent miscarriage of the seventh (which was actually a secret transfer of the infant to Rohini as Balram.
Before the birth of eighth child, all the demigods entered the Kansa’s prison cell and offered prayer to Devki thus: “With your womb is the Supreme one of Godhead.” Then on the birth of his eighth Lord Vishnu ordered Vasudev to take that child to Gokul (Nandgaon) surruptiously. The new born was taken to Gokul when all prison guards were fast sleep. Even swollen river Yamuna gave way to Vasudeva with Krishna. Vasudeva was sheltered by the hoods of Sesa Nag. The bright light from Krishna’s body dissipated the darkness.
After keeping the Krishna at Gokul, Vasudeva brought Yashoda’s daughter to the prison cell. King Kansa was informed about the birth of the eighth child – a daughter. He came to the prison cell without any wastage of time. He took hold of the girl and threw her on the stone. But suddenly, she rose into the air and thundered that actually the eighth child was being brought up at Gokul! She was actually Yogmaya, the Lord Vishnu’s confidant.
Nand Maharaja, the foster father of Lord Krishna celebrated the birth ceremony of his newborn son with great joy. Everyone celebrated this day with great pump and show. mother Yoshoda showered her love on Krishna immensely.
Thereafter, Kansa called demon named Kesi and ordered him to kill both Balram and Krishan. He met his death at the hands of Krishna. A demon named Trnavarta with mystic power was dispatched but he too met his end.
Krishna and Balaram were brought up in Gokul. There Krishna enacted many of His Lilas with his Gops and Gopikas.
Thence the complaints of the women of Vrindavana to mother Yasoda that Krishna and his gops were stealing butter and yogurt from their hoses. What a lila!
When sin is in excess,
When there is sharp decline in religious practices,
When irreligious people rule the roost,
Our Beloved Lord descends,
On the earth to deliver the pious ones,
And to annihilate the offenders,
As well as to reestablish the principles,
Of religion and fairplay all around.
Born in the midnight,
To mother Devki in the confinement,
Of Damon king Kansa,
On 8th Day of the dark half of the month of Sravana,
Took place the birth of Lord Krishna,
The holiest month of the year,
Of traditional Hindu calendar,
The ferocious guards remained in deep slumber,
Oblivious what transpired in the guarded dungeon just near,
Whilst heavy downpour made the Yamuna fully swollen,
With Sheshnag providing a shelter from rain,
Yamuna swelled still further,
Ready to touch the feet of the Supreme Lord,
Lord offered His Divine Feet for Her touch,
What a TOUCH this DIVINE TOUCH must have been!
Watched with curiosity by Gods & Demi-gods from Heavens,
Then Yamuna water receded to its minimal,
Making the passage of Vasudeva easier to Gokula,
Thence He did His Divine Leela in Vrindavana,
Nandagram, Mathura and finally Dwaraka,
He mesmerized Gopis with His flute musical best,
Attracting even the cows herds in hoards,
Gayatri Mantra was initiated to the Lord by Guru Gargamuni,
And Vedic arts and sciences by Guru Sandipanimuni,
At Mathura killed many a demonic kings,
To ward off the demons threats,
Thus stopping threat looming large,
Of many a ferocious demons.
During His life time,
He married many a queens,
Rukimni being the most beautiful ones,
Love of Radha & Krishna is etched in folklores,
Will ever remain in our memories,
As the pious Love` of Divines.
Acted as a Charioteer of Arjuna,
The greatest dhanushdhari of all times,
Was the role of His in the Kurukshtra war!
Where Lord Krishna displayed His stupendous Universal Form,
When Arjuna was in doubt to fight war,
Against kiths and kins of his own,
Then the Supreme Lord delivered His famed Bhagavad Gita,
“The Song of God”,
Containing essence of Jnana,
All encompassing knowledge – Gyana.
What does it mean if someone says you’re not well adjusted?
• Harbans answered 3 years ago
Please keep in mind, have self belief. You should be a person who is in total control of yourself. If you want to act in a particular way (which should not be at the cost of others, it should not harm others in anyway), and you believe it is for your good then for God’s sake do that. Increase your self confidence by small acts daily. Everybody can do it on day to day basis. It cannot be done overnight. A habit or a particular way of doing a thing, which may not be liked by others, should also not be liked by you in the first place. Change changes everything and time is a great healer. Any negative habit can be made positive with positive mindset. An honest start has to be made in right earnest. Be honest with yourself. Charity begins at home. Begins by reforming yourself. And do not take the criticism of others negatively. Think why that particular person has told you like this or that. Try to adjust which one is good for you. Whatever seemingly good for you would be good for others also. Then ultimately others will also start understanding you fully. But, for heaven’s sake do not start arguments with those who criticise you or those who pick holes in your pockets. Take their saying with a pinch of salt, digest it and make positive efforts in changing yourself. You are the one who require to change. Nobody else.*
*When you are brimming with self belief, everything seems just pliable. You can tackle any situation. You do not get frightened but fight the challenge and defeat it by your grit and determination. Never mind, others’ opinion about you, what counts is do you have self esteem? If yes. Fine. If not. Find out why not? Analyze the causes and remove the negativities and proceed on without fear. Day will be yours.
Pl visit http://emulateme.wordpress.com
How to make friends with more guys (short question, seriously)?
Hi. I’m 16 years old and I’m male.
There something I need help with, especially from the other guys here online (but if you are female and think you have an answer that may help me out, please don’t hesitate to answer this question).
My issue is: I seem to have an easier time making friends with girls than I do with boys. Always did since I was little. It could be because of the fact that I had more girls around me than I did boys. I mean it’s not a bad thing that I find it easier to make friends with girls. It’s just that I wish I could make friends with more guys. I’m currently enrolled in an all-boys high school and I have difficulty making friends with the other guys. Not that difficult though. I’m nice to them and say hello but that’s about it. I’m straight by the way. I just find it difficult making friends with other guys.
Can anyone out there help me out. Any bit of help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
(Please let me know if this happens to be in the wrong category and I’ll be more than happy to move it. Thanks).
Best AnswerAsker’s Choice
• Harbans answered 3 years ago
Taking your last poser first, there is nothing wrong in having more friends from opposite sex.
First of all do not flaunt with others that you have more girl friends than boys. It creates jealousy and repels other boys. Be frank in your conviction. With time, you will be having boys also as your friends. But be cautious in choosing your friends. It should not be done randomly. True friends are a few – those who can stand by you in thick and thin. Pick and choose. But possess the quality of compassion, pity, trusting nature, helping nature, etc. Your actions should speak louder than your words. Then you have no dearth of good friend.*
*Friends are plenty when your purse is full is well nigh said. We have to be very careful in choosing our friends – be it girls or boys. But when chosen, you have to be very sincere/honest with them. A fair weather friend may ditch you any time any where.
Asker’s Rating & Comment
Thanks a lot.
SHIRDI – AN ABODE OF RAM & RAHIM
The taste of pudding could best be realized after eating. Mere theories make little difference. Practical experiences make a huge difference. I was really fortunate to have called by Sri Sai Babaji to visit Shirdi this week. I saw Babaji’s memorial (smritichins) at every nook and corner of Shirdi and beyond. Starting from Railway Station, Manmar, from where we experienced a positive change in our mindset.
On the way to Shridi, there flows sacred river Godavri – flowing majestically at its finest splendor covering a total length from its origin to outfall into the Bay of Bengal – a distance of 1465 Kms. In Puranas this river finds a very prominent place. It is mentioned that a dip in sacred Ganga river should be done after a sacred dip in holy Godavari river. Well-known places of pilgrimage being Trimbkeshwar – an ancient temple of Lord Shiva, Nanded – Takhat Sri Hazur Sahib; one of the most sacred place for Sikhs and Bhadrachalam – a temple of Lord Sri Rama are a few holy places which ought to be visited by the devotees.
CHRONOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVE OF BABAJI’S BIRTH & PARENTAGE
It is a fact that neither Sri Sai Baba’s birthday/birthplace nor his parentage are known. He came to Shirdi when he was approximately sixteen years old and then he suddenly disappeared for some years and appeared again when he was 20 years old. Subsequently, he stayed at Shirdi for sixty long years. He took His Maha Samadhi on 15 October 1918. It can be deduced that his approximate birth is 1838 but no exact date of place of birth or parentage is known.
SAI BABA’S VISION AND MISSION
The chief mission of Babaji was having unity and cooperation between all the religions. He was of the view that Ram and Rahim were one and same, therefore, people should not fight on the basis of caste and religion. He sought bhakti marg as the chief aim of humans to attain connectivity with God.
CHIEF PRINCIPLES OF BABAJI
• All communities should come together and live in peace and harmony.
• Through Yoga, (bhakti) prayer and gyan knowledge (gyan) Almighty could be attained and ignorance (agyanta) removed and our God will then protect us from all evils.
• If somebody tries harming us, we should not seek retribution but forgive that person. God will always then provide us succor.
• We should always do good to others despite hurdles. Try helping the needy. We should always be compassionate towards humans including all living beings (Stray dogs are even now being fed milk and eateries by the people).
• We should always remain religious and pious in our deeds.
• We should always love our fellow beings as we love ourself – Sai Baba loved his disciples immensely.
• We ought to purify our hearts and get ultimate salvation through prayers. It is through total surrender that we can get salvation. The total surrender is of body, mindand soul.
• He did not differentiate between rich and poor. Whenever anybody came to have his dharshan, he used to tell the person concerned about his/her present, past and also what will happen in future too! Rich and poor had equal place for Him.
• He was of the opinion that too much of attachment with anything is bad – body or any possessions.
• He lead a very simple life – His attire that is kept in the Museum is the testimony of this fact.
• He used to do His daily work Himself – cooking meals for His disciples and others who visited Him on daily basis.
• He was always free from pain and pleasure for Himself. He suffered pains for others without a demur and applied Udi to ailments to alleviate their sufferings. Even He partook their ailments! That is the beauty of this God sent saint.
• Babaji was having immense reserve of grace and compassion. With these qualities He had a magnetic pull for His Bhaktas to Himself.
• He was having huge reserve of humility towards all without discrimination. He possessed equanimity in good and bad times and told His disciples to imbibe these qualities in day to days lives.
• He was humble to the core despite His undoubted proximity to the Lord. He also saw God in all human beings. He never said that He was GOD but said that He was a humble servant and He always remembered All Mighty God and always uttered – “Allah Malik” (God is the sole Owner of all).
• Babaji had the characteristics of non-attachment to any worldly possessions, Jnana (knowledge), magnificence and compassion among other qualities which differentiated Him from others. He was for His Bhaktas and Bhaktas love Him immensely and got His blessings.
• He spread the message of love, charity, lead a contented life, had inner peace and advised His disciples to have inner peace through simple prayers.
• Babaji believed that life of simplicity was real and life of riches was temporary/transitory.
• His teachings were admixture of Hindu and Muslim and was bereft of any caste or creed – universal in nature. In His eyes, all were equal. He showered His bounties to all without discrimination.
• According to Babaji, Sadguru is Nirgun, Sat-Chit-Anand. He takes human form to elevate mankind and also to alleviate their sufferings.
• Nine fold Principles of Bhakti Marg as enshrined by Sai Babaji are:
1. Listening the discourses by the learned personages.
2. Through chanting of songs in God’s praise.
3. To remember God sincerely.
4. To serve by touching the lotus feet.
5. Through sincere prayers.
6. Through sincere salutation.
7. Through service to the humanity.
8. Through companionship/ kinsmanship.
9. Complete surrender to His will.
PLACES IN AND AROUND SHRIDI
• Dwarka Mai. It is the place where Sai Baba lived for sixty long years continuously and showered His graceful blessings to the general masses/whosoever visited Him. A Shila (stone) is also kept here on which Babaji used to sit and bless His disciples. Sacred fire used to be lit at the time of Sai Babaji living there. He used to give Udi (ash) to the people coming for his Darshan and this had a mesmerizing effect on the devotees’ disabilities. Even today, it is lit and people take Udi (ash) from here and get cure from their disabilities. Such is the belief of the populace. The things used for this Dhuni is cow dung and firewood. Even I took Udi from this sacred place and distributed to my friends for their use.
• Dakshin Mukhi Hanuman (In black colour). Here a sincere prayer makes a huge difference. People of all hues visit this temple and get mental peace and solace. I too visited and got inner peace.
• Sai Baba’s Chawadi.
• Babaji’s Gurusthan.
• Maan Shri Lakshmi Temple. Devotional songs are sung in this temple. A dharshan of Maan really makes difference.
PROMINENT PEOPLE IN THE LIFE OF BABAJI
• Shri Sai Baba and Bhakta Haji Abdul Baba.
He was one of the closest devotees of Sai Baba. He is termed as the shadow (Shaya) of Babaji. He remained with Sai Baba for 29 years and before leaving for his heavenly abode he served people for 36 long years selflessly in the company of Sai Babaji – with or without Babaji before He came to Shridi. This service is still going on after even the demise of Sai Baba’s Bhakta Haji Abdul Baba. His grandson Haji Hamid Baba Pathan from Shridi is serving the common masses selflessly at Abdul Baba’s zopri. In this zopri. A closer look inside this sacred place made a person think about the entire place – its spiritualimportance and secular in outlook. A must visit holy place indeed.
I and my wife were witness to such a service to the common masses by Haji Hamid Baba Pathan – with a huge smile on his fac! The populace came to him and he provided them succor and blessed people in the sacred name of Sai Babaji. In private, many people told us that they had mesmerizing affect on their state of affairs after they came to the Abdul Babaji’s Zumpri. It proves that purity and compassion can make difference if practiced with sincerity and honestly.
• Nanavali. He used to look after the day to day affairs of Babaji. He had an immense love and respect for Babaji. So intense was Nanavali’s love and affection for Babaji that he breathed his last after 13 days of Babaji’s Mahasmathi.
• Khushalchand Kote. Babaji loved him immensely. Babaji used to go to his village and villagers received Him with great reverence. He gave His blessings to all villagers.
• Mhalsapati. He used to shower his respect and regard for Babaji. Babaji also loved his company because of his simple but pure heartedness.
• Baijabai. She used to visit Babaji with eatables and for His blessings.
• Tatya Kote Patil. He used to run his tonga on two horses and had immense regard for Babaji.
• Mrs. Tarkhad. She was the ardent devotee of Babaji.
SAI BABAJI’S BELIEF
Sai Babaji advised His devotees/disciples to lead and simple but pure life. He did not provide any difficult mantras or asnas for prayer but told them to chant SAI SAI simply but sincerely. By so doing a Bhakta will gain spiritually – it removes body consciousness, reins in our mind and our consciousness becomes pure. With pure consciousness, we can limit or completely remove our attachment for the worldly possessions.
All this goes to prove that the saints like Babaji came to this earth for our emancipation and made us remind that God could be realized with simple Sai naam Bhakti bereft of complex and long winded mantras and asnas which confuse us still further. Complete surrender to Him with pure mind could help us in self-realization. These saints come to this earth for our manifestation – their coming and going from this earth are known only to our Omnipotent and Omniscient God.
Sai Baba was/is respected by His devotees as a saint/fakit/incarnation of God. He did not belong to any religion but believed in the theory of SAB KA MALIK EK (God is the master of all). He loved all equally and alleviated the sufferings of His devotees not based on religion. Such is their magnificence that people come to their abodes for seeking peace and succor.
• Begging Bowl. He used to go to different houses for alm for food, cooked food or semi-cooked food etc. He partook his food – all things mixed together. There is one sac full of wheat kept in Dwarka Mai.
• His Attire. The long robe which Babaji put on is kept there as a testimony of His simplicity.
• Idols of Lord Ram, Sita Mata, Lakshman and Lord Krishna. Babaji wanted to keep these idols in a temple constructed for this purpose but could not do so because He breathed His last. Then Smadhi of Babaji was installed there from where He blesses us all now.
• His Chapals. Even his chapals, so simple, which He used to wear are on display.
• Big Umbrella. A big umbrella which people used to display as a protection from sun and rain.
May Babaji’s blessings remain on us all and keep us on right track in good and bad times. May he bestows us equanimity and peacefulness throughout our lives. AMEN