SOME CONTRADICTIONS IN PRAYER
There are certain doubts which a person may experience while offering prayers. For the prayers to be meaningful it is a must that skepticism which is a biggest impediment of our prayers is removed. Prayer to be of immense value it is must that it is done with single mindedness / concentrated and with right attitude.
Prayers to be more productive should contain answers to our own answers. Losing totally ourselves in Him; forgetting every other thing – even the contents of the prayer is the best sort of prayer. The prayer may be in any posture – sitting or standing that hardly matters. On sincerity counts.
The following are some of the paradoxes we face in our day to day prayers:-
- 1. Even Person Committing Criminal Acts/ Irrational Acts Invokes Go.: It is a strange paradox that even persons committing some unethical and immoral acts remember Him for fructification of nefarious designs. It is as though they want to associate our Creator too in their evil acts! If that act proves a failure person concerned feels despondent and if his alleged act gets accomplished that person may think that this success is due to the intervention of other forces and with it that person thinks reward from the acts as legitimate and not ill-gotten! Some people also give part of this booty to others in charity etc – a facade of purity on impure act! Is not it a moral dilemma of highest order?
- 2. Only some Days Assigned for Serious Bhakti. Then there are some special / chosen days for prayers. During these days the places of worship are overcrowded. It is difficult sometimes to properly focus on the prayers during those days due to much hustle and bustle. Contrarily on other days the places of worship have a deserted look – just forlorn. The God must be saying what sort of love is this for Him – only for a few chosen days! Sorry to say but it is am undisputed fact. Is it with the notion that our Creator is available only on the days assigned and not on other days?
- 3. Comparison / Competition in Prayer. Our God loves simplicity. Simple prayers. But some people use complex prayer methods in the form of Mantras etc as if God is only pleased / impressed with intricate prayers laced with difficult and long winding sentences. Occasionally there is onemanship in this too.
- 4. When prayers not Answered. The predicament of a person who prays only for getting his / her prayers answered and if the prayers just do not get answered or their task not successful due to some other reason then that person just goes haywire and even turns atheist. You must also have seen people asking different bounties from Him and not for Him and His Love. We should always know that our Creator is all knowing being; all powerful in every respect and knows everything which will happen or not happen or about to happen. Then why to go with a list of demands as if going for purchase of merchandise after having made payment.
- 5. Why not have total belief? Seemingly we just pray for the sake of a prayer only. Neither it is emanated from our heart nor with right attitude associated with it. It goes to prove that we have some selfish motive even in our prayer to our Lord. Bereft of total belief / faith / right attitude. And in the absence of these all; our prayer just passes above our head. If our prayer is lackluster then can its result be lustrous!
- 6. Some have more accessibility to our Lord? Some people hoodwink the gullible by promising moon. For this they may resort to some concocted tricks in order to impress general masses to make this commercial venture a successful one. Fact remains that there are people who can transform our lives by offering us suggestions / advices for following right path for getting His connectivity.
- 7. Questions asked: Then there are people who ask unreasonable questions to make the prayers and its results and to fill the people with more doubts about it all.
- Have you seen your God in person?
- What is His form?
For me our God is Omniscient / Omnipresent. He is our Creator and we are made in His mould. Then why to have any doubt?