Our mind is storage house – so strange
Houses not one but five senses
Controlling our inward and outward stimuli
By the apt bidding of our mind
Feeling of pleasure or pain are ingrained
From all parts of body to our brain
Through connecting signals so fine-tuned.
Everything is pure to the pure mind
It can even retard /stop the worries so befallen
Through fine fibres at the nerve ending
Messages are relayed to the mind unhindered.
Oversensitivity to pleasure abounding
Or incessant pain is felt by the mind
A controlled mind controls sense effects nicely
It is the key to eliminate pain permanently
Enslavery of our body to the heady mind being the key
To enhancing or alleviating severity of pain
By retarding or stopping the full train
Of the emergent message
From affected parts to the brain.
Our mind should always be trained vigorously
To resist onslaughts of ‘time’ with regularity
So that cool it feels when it is hot totally
Cooler thee feel when hottest are outside climes
Mind control is the answer to all pestering questions
This control is ensured by one pointed meditation
By a total surrender of ourselves to our Creator
Like Sri Ram Bhagat Hanumanji – the total surrendered one
Which typically is quoted by one and all
Whence pain just melts in a jiffy
With our Lord’s grace aplenty
That is the meaning of Eternal Happiness for me
And I pray deeply the same universally.
The most fundamental fact of existence is that happiness is that it multiplies as we divide it with our people. It is ‘infectious’ in a sense of term without forgetting the truth that our soul is eternal in nature. Bhagwad Gita has rightly enunciated: “Know that the abstract entity that pervades the whole body is indestructible as no one is able to cause destruction of that unceasing and eternal soul.” Realsing this we should exert for those pursuits whose affects are far reaching and lasting.
While we seek happiness in acquiring more material prosperity, we just give more importance to external glamour. When pursuing this goal we just disregard internal and more enduring things. We remain obsessed / judgemental about our external wellbeing. Being judgemental is just the enemy of our happiness. We judge others by external pump and show and get obsessed to getting this fructified even at the cost of anything. In Holy Quran it has been said: “Then they (i.e. His servants) are returned to Allah their true Lord. Unquestionably; His is the JUDGEMENT and He is the swiftest of accountants.” This should always be borne in mind for acquiring the traits of eternal happiness.
We aspire for material prosperity which is the manifestation of the inferior energy of the Supreme Lord. But as a person gradually graduates himself on the spiritual plane, he experiences Brahman conception of the Supreme Lord – the manifestation of Superior Energy of our Supreme Lord.
Now it is important to understand the actual meaning of eternal – that which is imperishable, everlasting, having no end. Its immortality is established for all intends and purposes. Eternal happiness is the state of mind which is just lasting without any break.
In Bhagwat Gita it has been enunciated: The Yogi who is sinless; thus connecting his soul with the Almighty easily enjoys the highest stage of perfect happiness to the Lord. For this to happen first stage of happiness is Brahman is the realizing the transcental. Second stage is the realization of transdental and the Supreme personality of Godhead. Third stage is the realization of the Absolute Truth. For the eternal happiness to be more solidified, it is important that it is accompanied with devotional services with all the positive traits followed by removing all the slush of negativity. In the Vedic language it is said, “When one understands the personality of Godhead, the reservoir of pleasure, Kṛiṣhṇa, he actually becomes transcendentally blissful.”
The prime movers for a Jnani or a Karam Yogi should keep in mind following for eternal happiness:-
• An Atmosphere of Accommodation. It has been observed practically that an environment in which an individual is living affect his/her life. In other words it could be said that a man is embedded in social networks and that the wellbeing of an individual depends on the wellbeing of people living in that vicinity. A fellow feeling and feeling pain when others feel pain is also a form of eternal happiness. This happiness is acquired through division of happy and bad moments.
• Creativity and Happy People. It has been experienced that the people who are involved in some creative pursuit and draw out their potential energy by drawing out that energy and creative something unique. What a feeling one has when something extraordinary is created. It creates an eternal happiness. Thus creative people are happy people.
• No Pain no Gain. Those who exert with a singleness of purpose get positive results of their action or the people who more often than not exert without much care about the fruits of their action are the happy people. They are the Karma Yogis in real sense of term. According to Bhagwat Gita: One who performs action without being attached to its fruits is an ascetic and a religious performer of purification of mind (Karam Yogi).
• Goodness Leads to Eternal Happiness. A person should lead a moralistic life and aspire for right knowledge as it leads to positive traits and ultimately peace and tranquillity. While we are at it care ought to be exercised that all the delusions and confusion coming in the path should be shunned. Then only the fruits of our action could be result oriented. Acquiring right knowledge with a right attitude is the call. It has been said in Bhagwad Gita: Knowledge arises from the mode of goodness (sattva); greed arises from mode of passion (Rajas). Confusion and; distress and delusion arises from the mode of ignorance (Tamas).
• Love and Eternal Happiness. In the ultimate sense the one who is imbued with a feeling of love is pure at heart and is not sense-enslaved mind. A properly balanced spirit is the one who loves others as he loves himself. There is a dawn of equanimity /equal mindedness in him in all situations. Love generates fellow feelings and sympathy and enables the individual to adjust in any situation in which one is place. This love gradually enhances happiness quotient while exuding peace and goodness wherever one goes.
• Spirituality and Eternal Happiness.
“O Nanak – the Merciful Lord by His Grace uplifts and exalts them.”
A spiritual inclined mind develops universal sympathy. It goes to show that a person who lives in the superconscious state is always in bliss – full of sympathy and love for other in abundance. Deep /one pointed meditation is the answer for reaching that state and a person who could retain the affects of meditative state just remains in His realm and feels elation – an eternal happiness. This is the eternal joy which does not diminish with the passage of time at all.
• Avoidance of Gamble / Shortcuts for Eternal Happiness. Occasionally we are taken in by Shakunies (of Mahabharta fame) who lured Pandavas for a duet game (chosar). The lure of ‘one more time’ for winning back the lost possession made the mighty Pandavas wager everything including themselves besides their beloved consort Dropaupti. This epic of Mahabharta goes to prove that deception leads to destruction but the destruction of ours when caused due to our own attitude of short sighted ‘gains’ then it is our fault. It means our judgement gets clouded which leads us to unpredictable results. It goes to prove that when our mind is overshadowed with greed to gain with one more wager then we surely are leading ourselves to a position of no return. Thus mind control is a must. When we have to stop should be properly thought about. This should also be adopted in our business and interactions with others. No short-gains with short–sightedness.
• Sympathetic Heart and Eternal Happiness. Genuine feelings for others manifest in its wake a feeling of great conscious feeling which is answer to many of our problems. A kind heartedness leads to positivity which spreads to the environs and being ‘contagious’ in nature becomes universal in nature – and acts as a bulwark for the growth of eternal happiness! Sympathy helps expands our consciousness and also helps us in knowing everything which is to be known for our own benefit and others. This is a real happiness of all the things.
• Rationality and Eternal Happiness. Rational thinking leads us to perform our actions in a manner which are just in consonance with the laws of nature. It is also based upon scientifically proven methods of living – not entirely based on fate or destiny as a precursor to living. For this sort of living; if a person fails; he just thinks that he failed because his effort was not good enough. No hard feelings. This line of thinking: “No pain, no gain is the rule when it comes to gaining happiness from increasing our competence at something,” said Ryan Howell.
• Fixing the Satiety Level and Eternal Happiness. We come across with people who just go whole hog in gaining material possessions and are demonstrative in nature without even caring for their own health. They are not satisfied and aspire for still ‘more’ in the process contract diseases like hypertension and other stress related diseases. Sanity lies in fixing a satiety level and be totally contented with it brings its own reward ultimately.
In addition to what has been discussed following should also be taken into account for enternal happiness:-
• Heart and Mind should work in Cohesion.
• Success & Failure in Eternal Happiness. It is seen that success is a great motivator and spurs us for more efforts but failure hardly means just opposite. It calls for more efforts for reaching to the goal.
• Destiny and Eternal Happiness. Hard work accompanied with destiny are the harbinger of eternal happiness.