We know how much bitterness and animosity that was created due to trust deficit and bitterness created by attempt of Dharyodhna and his brothers to disrobe Panchali (Dhropti). This, among other reasons combined and resulted in a ferocious battle between the armies of Pandavas and Kauravas in which so many people from both sides lost their lives and consequently rule of law was finally established.
The immediate cause of World War I was partly due to the utter bitterness created by the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary and afterwards formation of an alliances based on imperialism, militarism and nationalism by Europe. This trust deficit and bitterness created a situation for a War between the nations. We know what a colossal deaths and destruction that it caused.
The WW II resulted due to too much of bitterness created amongst the nations due the rise of Italian fascism, Japanese forays into militarism and invasions of China, and especially the takeover of Germany by Adolf Hitler and Nazis. The death toll due to this war too is well known.
Bitterness is the inner turmoil which we experience whenever somebody close to us pricks our inner conscience. It leaves a scar on our conscious self and at times it just refuses to be cured. Closer the relationship, more pronounced it is felt. It solidifies its roots in our inner self and generates negativity in our system. If this negative feeling is not obliterated from our system through self efforts, it creates antipathy – a negative feeling which is self defeating and sinful occasionally.
SINCERITY IN OUR RELATIONSHIP BITTERNESS
It should never be forgotten that our sincerity to maintain relationship should never be one sided. When we want to remain honest in our behavior with our friends and the others just give a lie to our aspirations then we are heartbroken. Bitterness makes a permanent residency in our being if concerted effort is not made to heal it. Sooner it is done, better it is for us. It goes to show that relationships are cemented by a flurry of concerted efforts but one wrong step and we fall into the quagmire of distrust and consequent resentment and further heartburns.
INNER VOICE AND BITTERNESS
Occasionally it so transpires that we fail to listen to our inner voice then things could go out of limit. Problems do come in our life. When our expectations are belied/punctured by wrongful behavior of one to whom we hold dear, we feel bitter. Loss of a job; loss of relationship, loss of position in the society, loss of friendship, loss of face sometimes due to no fault of ours then it causes inner tremors breaking the peace of our mind and when our mind is disturbed it affects our day to day activities. Only the balm of time heals that bitterness.
SUSPICION AND BITTERNESS
When a red line of suspicion is drawn by our most trusted ones, our mental balance is disturbed. Bitterness remains in our system and remains disturbing us. If this bitterness is not shared with some confidant and solution reached at, it remains and may affect us physically. It is better that it is shared and cured at the first sign.
OUR EXPECTATIONS AND BITTERNESS
The barbs of words which we least expect also causes bitterness. Resentment results in creation of negative attitude coming in the life of ours. Sometimes our wrong actions, advertently or inadvertently becomes a cause of our bitterness. Our bitterness leads to actions prejudicial to our future course of action thus defeating the very purpose of our action for a successful fulfillment of our goals.
AFFECTS OF BITTERNESS IN THE LIFE OF INDIVIDUAL
1. Psychological Implications. As bitterness emanates from our inner self, it impacts of emotions thus making our life miserable, the consequences of which are really far reaching for us and the people with whom we deal with.
2. Change in Mindset. As bitterness is more due to negativity in feeling and hence it changes our mindset. We move from light to darkness, from positive to negative.
3. Bitterness & Grudges. Bitterness creates a feeling of unforgiving attitude and ultimately grudge. We want to pay to the party concerned in the same coin. This creation of grudge is unending.
4. Unforgiveness. In bitterness, we become unforgiving and remorseful. This complicates matters in the long run.
5. Bitterness begets more bitterness. If we have bitterness for others, it will not create goodwill for us at all. It will create more bitterness in the hearts of others for us too. This cycle of bitter just is unending.
6. Confusion and bitterness. When a person is infested with bitterness, he / she cannot take correct decisions even for a petty matter. He remains in a state of utter confusion. The decision taken in such sort of sate of mindset are not correct and bereft of any wisdom.
7. spirituality and bitterness. When engulfed with bitter feeling, we can hardly concentrate on God since meditation requires oneness of mind and body but in bitterness both do not work in tandem hence no purpose in spirituality is served while in bitterness.
BITTERNESS – A CURSE
Bitterness is a fire that remains hidden
Acts like a slow poison
Engulfing our entire inner being
Making the very vitals of our system hollow
It is similar to stark reality
Of burning down a house – really
In which one has residency sought
Wisdom is to heal the pestering wound
By applying a remedy of reconciliation
And bring about positive solution
Which may heal the hurt persistent
While in bitterness we recycle the event
That makes us bitter still
When hurt prevails unchecked
We are at the lowest on God’s grace
Owing to trust deficit prevalence
Bitterness saps thy energy
And makes thee a person full of worries
A person with everything but goodness
A life bereft of any blessings
A life accursed and barren.