ON PURPOSE OF LIFE
Whilst we see the light of the day when born
Oblivious of our environs
What is hereabouts or thereabouts around
Was totally unknown
Every need was met by the mother
Who brought us to this world of ours
Worriless most of the time
Merely a cry could attract attention
And child’s needs are met with sheer affection.
Then mother started teaching
Small-small things which added together
Culminating into huge base of know-how
Then the process of discrimination started
What to be followed or incorporated
And what to be left untouched.
Thereafter the meaning and purpose of our life starts
Seeping in our system slowly but surely
Impacting not merely our body and mind but also our eternal soul
Making us able to adjust with unpredictable world around
After sailing through varieties of experiences
Some good and others not so good ones.
If we perform our daily chores
With sincerity and integrity at our command
We earn goodwill from our fellow and God Supreme
Mentally – in total control of senses
Spiritually awakened to follow down-to-earth path
Facing the challenges of life with aplomb
Both individually and collectively with community
Adjusting with the environs in which individual is a part
But in all these principled stand ought to be only single one
To keep in mind that we’re not apart from the One
Who created everything around
And have realisation loud and clear without a shred of doubt
That without His will and wish nothing moves
He is our Master – the Supreme Lord
And we’re His children – the dearest ones
Whence we know this all
We become self conscious of the whole lot
Then we know the purpose of our life.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF OUR LIFE?
Most of us remain mystified on one pretext or other with regard to real purpose of our extentence or purpose of our life. For finding true answers to our problem we knock different doors for plausible answers. But question arises, do we find these answers? The purpose of finding solutions to our perstering problems we remain gropping in the dark – and try seeking the answers from various sources. The sources we seek help may have their own problems to tackle and put us in still more confused state about our problems rather than offer us any tangible solutions. Not finding any answers to satisfy us, many of us feel disallusioned, and may become too much fatalistic or out-and-out athiests. This happens most of the times; we agree about this or not is entirely different thing.
Life is a curious, an admixture of lows and highs. A man may have material prosperity but may not have a sound health to enjoy the materials in possession earned with or without following right course. Some who do not have much by way of wealth may still enjoy life to the hilt because of his/her inbuilt satiety with whatever God has given. That fellow does his/her duty with the best of his/her capability and leaves the fruits of Karma to God; no matter what result his action leads; he/she does not lose his/her inner calm. Only few are endowed with this type of attribute. In fact this quality comes when we’ve experienced all types of ups-and-downs in our lives and know how to appreciate or otherwise, a particular situation and accustom ourself accordingly.
Disregard God is perilous
There are some who think that this world and all creations are normal Natural phemenon and there is no hand of God in it. Experience reveals it otherwise. The tenure of our life on this earth is limited and uncertain. We plan for distant future and for this we tend to go overboard in doing so sometimes without realizing that our span of term here is tentative. Our life being impermanent, we’ve to remain steadfast in our conviction that the life given to us is a precious gift by our Lord and we’ve to fulfil the purpose for which we’re born – to always remember Him. Commonplace sundry busy schedules to pursue our worldly goals without realizing our true purpose in our life. When and from where unexpected natural calamity may visit and destroy us nobody knows for certain. He is the One who annihilates darkness amongst us and spreads light. The case of one of our soldiers buried deep under the tons of snow for several days in Siachen in J&K was found alive (though he died afterwards) but how he remained alive?
Besides performing our daily duties sincerely, it is a must that we become self aware by delving into the inner recesses of ourselves. By so doing, we shall find out that we’ve immense potential to be tapped and put to practice in real life; keeping in mind that life is not always a bed of roses; butter and honey does not flow always. Feeling exited when a good tiding comes and feeling down and out when something untoward happens is hardly a solution to the problem at hand.
Then what is the real purpose of our life besides doing our everyday jobs for our sustenance. It should never be forgotten that this life of ours is uncertain; being martals, brings in its wake some good and bad options. Firstly, we can opt for earning our honest living and satisfy with what we have. Secondly, being satisfied, gives us the option of utilizing our available time and space for pursing spiritual path. Keeping these in mind, we can act our part for which we are most suited without harboring astronomical personal desires and excessive expectations, interact with people we come across, get help when we are helpless, help others in whatever way we can with our resources available with us when and where needed, distribute smile and not disquiet, flow with the current in the best way we can thinking it the task assigned by our Creator, we should always remember that whatever we give others we shall be receiving the same in the same measure. Besides we should not be swayed by extraneous pump and show of anything alluring and finally and most importantly whilest transacting our routine functions we should always associate ourselves with our Creator. Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity….Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world. Gautama Buddha.
DETOXIFYING OURSELVES FROM OUTER NEGATIVE AGENTS
For realizing the purpose of our existence, it is important that we keep our mind clear of any negative agents which do not let us act freely in order to gain self awareness.
- Man is mortal. We should never forget that we have taken birth and our death is certain – we’ve to leave this body of ours along with what worldly possessions we’ve amassed. And if we believe in the theory of incarnation then it is paramount that we do right karmic deeds which add to our Karmic credit and lessen and remove our Karmic debt.
- Our Action (Karma) should not adversely affect others. To keep ourselves happy it is a must to think that our action (karma) is not in any way impeding others’ progress. How can we be happy if we disregard others’ adverse affects due to our misdemeanor (intentional or unintentional).
- Fear factor. Some unfounded fear keeps pestering us. Fear is another agent which keeps our mind occupied most of the times. It is may the fear of our close relatives or others who come in contact with us. Then we are fearful of our death perennially so much so that we fail to conceive any tangible solution confronting us; without delving on the thinking that the one who is born has to die one day.
- Emotions. Emotions are the blocks for heralding any new thought and our unfounded emotions perturbations prove counterproductive to our very adjustment in new environs. We’ve to control/check our emotions and not let them go berserk and ruin our chances of forward movement. True emotion of love should be liberating and not binding.
- Expressing love. It is not mere possessing love but utilizing this positive attribute in daily life is the need of the time. Love brings in its wake reciprocity- be it from our God, humans, animals or birds or plants.
- Purifying the mind and self. We have to purif our body, mind and soul; remembering that our body has to perish with all its desires but the soul bears the brunt of our actions.
- Control over desires. To live a life in accordance with the Will of our Bhagwanji, we’ve to rein in unreasonable desires though we cannot bridle them all.
- Ignoring God is not beneficial for us. We all are accountable for dereliction of our duties. We can hardly say that somebody else will have to suffer the pangs of our mistakes. We can hardly say that we’ve transacted somethhing out of sheer ignorance. Nothing is forgiven and forgotten in His domain. Only we can minimise the affect of our action by good deeds.
- Meditation removes ignorance. We’ve may have taken in many ills from any source; our previous births (believe it or not it is our free will and wish), our peer groups, our relatives etc but nobody but us have to suffer the pangs of our actions. Through meditation we can, slowly but surely, remove these dross habits which are taking us backward spiritually and otherwise. Hence the Karma of ignorance could be removed through meditation.
- We can ignore anybody in our life but ignoring God will not do any benefit.