WHO IS THE TRUE LEADER?
A TRUE LEADER
TRAITS WHICH OVER SHADOW OTHERS IN WAYS SO MANY
THESE MAY BE ACQUIRED JUST NATURALLY
OR MAY BE EARNED OVER A PERIOD OF TIME
THROUGH CONSTANT UPHILL-STRUGGL, SO ACUTE
BY LEADING A LIFE, SO TESTING
WITH TOTAL DEDICATION TO THE TASK AT HAND
SETTING EXAMPLE LIKE UNDAUNTED NELSON MANDELA
WHO ONCE SIMPLY SAID : I went for a long holiday for 27 years,” !
THUS BECAME A MAN OF THE MASSES
AND MOST DARLING OF THE MULTITUDES
WHO WORSHIP HIM FOR HIS SACRIFICES FOR THEIR FREEDOM
IN INDIA TOO WE’VE EXAMPLE OF MAHATMA GANDHI
CALLED DEARLY BY THE PUPULACEE BAPU JI
WHO WON FREEDOM FOR INDIA WITH NON-VIOLENCE AS A WEAPON.
A LEADER IS ONE WHO ENDORSES AND ACCEPTS OTHERS VIEWPOINS
A PERSON WHO POSSESS MISSION AND VISION FOR HIS MEN IN GENERAL
WHO LOVE THEIR LEADER FOR ALL HE STANDS FOR, SO FIRMLY
A TRUE LEADER KNOWS THEIR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES, DOUBTLESSLY
POSSESSES spirited ASPIRATION AND ENOUGH INSPIRATION
WITHOUT EVEN AN IOTA OF EXPECTATION
MOTIVATES THEM WHILE GOING GETS TOUGHER
REWARDS THEM FOR SHOWING GOOD RESULTS
PEOPLE ACCEPTS PUNISHMENT FROM HIM TOO WITH A SMILE!
BECAUSE HE IS ALSO KNOWN FOR HIS IMPARTIALITY.
WHEN FACED WITH SURE FAILURE, AFTER BEST & SINCERE TRY
HE EMBRACES TEAMMATES AND INSPIRES FOR ONE MORE TRY
RATHER THAN EMBARASSES WITH TALK, SO PITHY
MAKES EFFORTS TO INFUSE CONFIDENCE IN HIS TEAMMATES, SO DELIGENTLY
WITH HIM AT THE HELM TIME PASSES SO EASILY AND PRODUCTIVELY
A PERSON WHO IS SELFLESS AND INCORRUPTIBLE
A PERSON WHO IMPRESSES OTHERS WITH HIS EXCELLENT KARMA
HE IS KNOWN FOR HIS COMPASSIONATE NATURE TO ONE AND ALL
HE IS KNOWLEDGE POWERHOUSE WITH IMMENSE WISDOM
YET BEREFT OF ANY EGO
BUT HUMBLE TO THE CORE
A MAN OF INDOMITABLE COURAGE
FOR FEAR OR ANGER DOES NOT HAVE ANY PLACE IN HIS LIFE
BECAUSE HE FOLLOWS TRUTH AND FACES IT ABOVE ANYTHING ELSE IN LIFE.
- HOLY BIBLE: But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. For he will not speak on his own authority, but will speak whatever he hears, and will tell you what is to come. – BIBLE
LEADERSHIP LESSONS GIVEN IN BHAGWAD GITA:
- Leaders should embrace rather than avoid formidable challenges because they bring out the leaders’ greatest strengths
- Leaders should be resilient in their actions and should not be weakened by pain and pleasure.
- Selfish desires and animosity obscure the purpose of leadership.
- Leaders achieve lasting power and glory by exercising compassion and selfless service.
- Effective leaders do not lead by fear or anger.
- Leaders need to be aware of the self and the surroundings
In every community, there are some people, who are different from others in their traits. They are the ones who earn respect from people in general. They actually do even an ordinary job just extraordinarily. Everyone would like to emulate him and act upon his advice. In other words, his guidance commands respect and people accept that without any demur because they have full trust on him. This kind of respect is not got easily. The people concerned have to undergo different hardships to earn it.
A LEADER DOES A JOB IN AN EXCEPTIONAL WAY
A great leader excels in the sphere of activity in which he is exposed to. It becomes an example for others to follow. Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader. His ideals of self denial and self control besides facing hardship with composure are best known to everybody.
If we peep into the history of the world, we can come across the great leaders like Abrahim Lincoln, Churchil, Stalin, Patel, Nehru, Nelson Mandela and many more, to whom the people believed even more than their own selves. During their lifetimes, they faced hardships, their lives were not bed of roses, made self sacrifices and suffered immensely while struggling for others. While doing so, they faced pressing times and many of them were jailed for longer periods of time which Nelson Mandela had undergone: 27 long years!
HOW LEADERS ARE MADE
Shakespeare has very rightly said: Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust. There are born leaders, they possess inner urge to excel. They, more often than not, need no training for the leadership traits but only a little reminder coupled with a little inspiration. In other words, their leadership talents are honed through training under a true leader in the early stage itself. The qualities of courage, initiative, drive, handling responsibilities etc are the ones which make a good leader.
FERTILE GROUNDS FROM WHERE LEADERS ARE DEVELOPED
Play ground is one of the sources from where leaders are groomed. Play give us endurance, courage, give sufficient opportunities to play under stress, takes failure and success with equanimity, besides bestows discipline qualities in the youth. All the players have to obey the captain who inspires the team members to give their best under diffeent conditions. Other informal institutions like Church, Temple, Mosque etc also produce good leaders.
THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME OF THE QUALITIES OF GOOD LEADERS
In Bhagwad Gita explains about the qualities of a true leader: One who is very circumspect that others are watching what one does, because they set an example what one does and follow such leader in action, Krishna says,:i am the Paramatama, who has no activity because i am limitless. Yet he has taken a human body to show and set an example, to others as to how we should live in this world,
A TRUE LEADER LIVES FOR OTHERS. HE IS NOT PETTY MINDED. HE IS PREPARED TO MAKE SELF SACRIFICES. ….MAHATMA GANDHI
A GOOD LEADER HAS THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:–
- A good leader sets good example for others to follow.
- A good leader is compassionate towads others.
- A good leader never shows off – meaning does not have ego.
- A good leader maintains equanimity in pleasure and pain.
- A good leader follows truth despite hurdles.
- A good leader remains cool and resilient despite provocations.
- A good leader is not selfish.
- A good leader is righteous and virtuous.
- A good leader performks the task with ease and peace.
- Failure does not in any way makes a good leader despondent.
- A good leader keeps away from negative emotions.
- A good leader is self aware/self conscious.
- A good leader respects the opinions of others.
- A good leader is remembered even on his death.
- A good leader is a good guide for others.
- Sincerity iof purpose is the main plank of a good leader.
- A good leader never disassociates himself from his society.
- A good leader is always detached from the worldly possessions.
- A good leader is spiritually inclined.
- A good leader rises above his own selfish ends.