ON REMAINING MINDFUL IN OUR LIFE
Mindfulness is akin to awareness about anything and everything that transpires in life. If we are mentally strong and fully aware of our thoughts and actions thereof then result will always be positive. This will also save us of stress and strains of life.
Mindfulness and awareness are therefore inter-connected. It relates to our inner state. It is internal state which is instinctive in nature. Here consciousness has little or no role but it could be termed as extended consciousness. It is because the awareness is away from the capacity of brain, its thoughts and understanding of brain. A condition of being aware means to know. It is integration of sensations from the environment and relates to goals and feelings for the overall benefit of the person concerned.
If we want to feel good and feel happy presently and make it a priority then we can surpass any hurdle that may crop up. In this state, we are empathetic towards others and at peace with ourselves.
Past is the time which has passed, dead presently and will not come back along with its happenings which had happened cannot be retrieved. It is like a deadwood with no hope to come back. We cannot rewind or reverse the past time. We can term it dead past. We can only reminisce the happenings, good or not so good which have happened thereby get experience of all those happenings. But a word of caution, we should not remain too much attached to those happenings of the dead past.
In the similar manner, the future is uncertain. It can only be imagined presently but cannot be lived presently / now but the seeds of future could be sown truly in the present moment. Here comes the persistence in remaining steadfast despite hurdles to work sincerely at the present moment with total belief on our Ishwara. Mindfulness at the present moment for the following brings about paradigm shift in our approach to lifestyle.
If we are aware that present is the only time we are truly having then we can change our thoughts from negative – away from feelings of unhappiness, bereft of anger or frustration. These feelings take place when we live the present moment without regard to dead past and unpredictable future. We can be mindful at the present moment.
BEING MINDFUL HAS THE FOLLOWING IMPLICATIONS:
· Internal experiences in mindfulness. Mindfulness brings us closer to our inner self as these happenings are taking at this moment itself. This could conveniently be done through meditation and other mind boggling positive practices.
· Mindful make it possible to retract from wrong steps in life. When we have imbibed the quality of mindfulness, we then are in total control of our mind and whenever we take a wrong step our inner cues prevent us from retracting our steps and follow the right course.
· Mindfulness helps us cultivate positive attitude. As we perform all the tasks in hand mindful of its consequences, we always remain positive in our approach with positive attitude.
· Mindfulness is not difficult. In order to be mindful, we have to be positively oriented in our actions and deeds which results in ease of doing our duties without any doubt.
· Mindful for joy in giving. It has rightly been said in Bhagwad Gits, when we meet others needs, we are actually fulfill our humane duties as human beings. Joy of giving gives us satiety and a purpose to our life. Mindfulness gives us wherewithal to help others not only financially but also psychologically too.
· Harmony with reality. We all should live in harmony with nature, with the people we are living besides harmony which helps us understand and make us aware of own self.
In Bhagwad Gita it has been said that one who is mindful of his thoughts and deeds attains peace. He enters any place without creating any disturbance just when river enters ocean without any disturbance. And also, one who does not heed material possessions attains peace of mind.
· Importance of present moment. Present moment is infinitely important. What happens now is more important than what will happen in near future or what had happened in the past.
· Prevention of helplessness for mental and emotional responses. Since we are mindful of the our duties and responsibilities we face no difficulty when some unpredictable happening takes place. Lack of helplessness and control over our emotions results in peace and tranquility in our life. In such contingency life becomes a challenge, admix of good and bad experiences.
· Focused mentality and productive thoughts could be attained through mindfulness. It should never be forgotten that marriage of focused mentality with productive thoughts lead to positively oriented lifestyle which obviates chances of creation of negative mindset in the concerned individual.
· Mindful of the fact that nothing is permanent. Happy moments do not last long so are the bad moments. This assertion solidifies our resolve to live a life of mindfulness with all positive attributes attached with it all.
· Thoughts are created once in our mind and made practical through our actions. Our thoughts are created in our mind and then put to use significantly for overall good of the person concerned and the people around that person.
· Life should be considered as sacred and should not be scared. Mindfulness provides us an opportunity to think that our thoughts are very dear to us and sacred ones to be put to use for living a meaningful life.
This has been clearly mentioned in Holy Bible: All life is sacred. Human life is especially so. Protecting it is of utmost importance to God.
· Mindful of others aspiration and needs. While being mindful of our own needs and aspirations, it is in essence, important that we do so for others as well. This increases our horizon of thoughts and actions thereof.
· Mindful of forgiving and forgetting others misdeeds. It should always be remembered, we as humans are not perfect, there is always something wanting. Therefore, it is essential that while performing our duties we are not unmindful of others’ needs and whenever and wherever we can we should forget and forgive others slip-ups. This has been mentioned in all the religious scriptures of all the religions.
It can rightly be concluded that mindfulness is linked with general well-being of an individual besides helping the individual to lead a healthy, moralistic and ethical life.It should always be remembered that Dharma and Karma which we adopt at the present moment
Holy Quran gives great importance while it emphasizes that mindulness is to shield oneself from all that displeases Allah. The mindfulness of faith (iman) is to shield oneself from eternal punishment through faith. The mindfulness of submission is to shield oneself from sin through obedience.
On the other hand, if we remain unmindful presently, it goes to show either we are living in the dead past or imagining about the unpredictable future for amelioration of our present state of affairs. Living in past and future without caring for present moment can bring about disharmony and a life bereft of peaceful existence.a