HOW BEST TO ADJUST WITH THE PEOPLE WITH WHOM WE HAVE ADJUSTMENT PROBLEMS INITIALLY IN AN ORGANISATION?
It should always be remembered, in life, we do not get everything we actually want. Everything is not tailor made according to suitability. Sometimes we have to traverse a territory we do not want travelling. We are constrained to change our attitude. Then what? Do we retreat our steps as per the need of the hour, adjust according to the need? I think those who adapt themselves as occasion demands can adjust in any situation or condition. We have to face the facts by facing those with whom we have adjustment problems initially taking into account others will not change for us, we have to, in any situation.
How best we can adjust according to the demand of the situation could be put into practice by the following ways:-
- Pay respect to the people with whom you want to adjust. Do not be isolationist because such people will not attract others and render you any help. It should always be remembered, the horse has to go to the water body, the water body will not come to the horse to satisfy its thirst.
- Get awareness about the background checking but discretely, of the group of people – their educational qualifications, their experiences, their impulses, their strong and weak points etc. This information could be gleaned, if we make sincere efforts.
- Make efforts to cultivate one of the fellow-employee with whom you emote well. This should be on the basis of give and take.
- It is not that you will get adjustment just in day or two. It takes time. It may take months but it is possible that if we make sincere effort, nothing is impossible in this context.
- Never ever feel low if things are not working in your favour for sometimes. May a times, you may have to face insults but have patient, things will ultimately turn out to be fine and in your favour. Everything fructifies, if we remain trying.
- When you have got adequate experience with the group you are working, with passage of time everything will fall into place.