WHO IN YOUR VIEW IS A RICH PERSON IN TRUE SENSE OF TERMS?
First of all, in today’s context, we have to understand who is a rich person, in real sense of terms. A rich person, in my view, is the one earns his who earns his living by adopting sincere means and does not adopt short cuts or corrupt practices to amass wealth to showcase his/her worldly possessions or opulence.
The intention being to exhibit the power and status to the people at large. It is not merely material prosperity which makes a man rich but richness in his/her mental inclination/orientation. But in toady context, some people consider rich person as the one who is having material possessions, sufficient to meet his own needs and enough to spare with all the comforts, power, status with it all.
A rich person has multifaceted traits. It is not merely richness or abundance in material possessions, the following aspects should also be there in a rich person.
- A person who earns for the family; sufficient to meet the needs of the family and others by following sincere means to earn that money.
- Besides meeting the requirement of the family, he/she saves money for the rainy days.
- Then after meeting all the needs of his nears and dears, this person also donates some of his earnings in charity to meet the requirements of needy.
- This person thanks God for everything he is bestowed with.
- A rich person, in essence, is richness in value system.
- Then finally, such a person does not splurge the money earned to showcase his/her worldly possessions.
HARD WORK AND SINCERITY ARE THE TWO PILLARS OF STRENGTH OF A RICH PERSON
Those people who earn their living adopting ethical and moral methods of earning their living through sincere means I order to reach to pinnacle of success. Such person takes failure or success in his stride but keeps the tempo of his work moving ahead. We have many instance of Late Shri Dhirubhi Ambani who despite being unsuccessful initially climbed to the new heights and established his name as a renowned industrialist an industrial giant through his grit and determination. His sons too have emulated their father’s and have etched out a name for themselves without being arrogant or show-offs. There are other instances of the people who through their sincere efforts, self-belief and belief on Almighty God succeeded in engraving a name for posterity to emulate but such people did not show-off.
A RICH PERSON DOES NOT SHOWCASE HIS/HER OPULENCE
If the inventors of different spheres had arrogance and show-off attitude, then we would not have progressed to the level we are presently. We are thankful for the thinkers, philosophers, scientists and inventors who, through their untiring efforts, created new theories/philosophies or invented new things which revolutionized this world; due to which the world of our has progressed in various fields and due to which we are enjoying the comforts. They have engraved their names in the annals of history due to their unstinted work and positive frame of mind without being conceited. They lived for others, worked tirelessly for others so that future generations could live comfortably. These are the people I think are the greatest ones, the richest ones who left an indelible impression on the world as a whole. As the history is the guide, such people are the gifts of Almighty God as they never showcased their egocentric tendencies having achieved what others before them could not even think of. Think of a life without the invention of bulb, railway engine, aeroplane, computers, fastest means of communication etc. to name a few. The people who created or invented these things were not conceived or arrogant. They were people who were humble and hard working.
A TRULY RICCH PERSON ALWAYS REALIST
A person who shows off, is egocentric, full of false pride/vanity. Such a person is not a rich man in true sense of terms but a man with material mentality with no wisdom as to how best to use such maternal possessions. People with narcissism as their trait do live on this earth for themselves only. Their thoughts and actions are for magnifying solely for putting forward their own agenda in order to showcase that they are special creations therefore should be treated and respected as such by the general masses. Since such people do not act on the well tested dictum given in SONG OF GITA – You have not brought anything while you were born and will not be taking anything while you die; everything is given to you here; ………therefore they are, in effect could be construed as uncouth, anti-social with intellectual deficiency, defective outlook or faulty maturing et al.
A rich person is the one who works with a mission and does not have vanity as negative trait :-
- Such a person does not show off or flaunts his/her riches or opulence ever.
- Such a person firmly believes in the analogy of a fruit plant which has to be properly watered and given manure periodically. Similar is the case with the person who works on the work at hand systematically and with perseverance.
- Such a person is always satisfied with what he/she possesses and does not compare his/her material possessions with others and does not stand of ceremony in any event.
- Insults of brow beating by somebody else does not affect such a person.
- Such people thank God for everything they have got or do not have.
- Such people use head and heart to solve any problem under the sun.
- Such a person never ever forgets the days when he/she was not having much to meet his/her daily expenditure.
- That person is a humble and knows that the wheel of fortune revolves – sometimes we are on the top and on other occasion we are dismally low.
- That person is compassionate to the core.
- That person does not pay lip service only but is always considerate to others.
- Such people divide smiles wherever they go.