REMAINING BALANCED IN DIFFICULT TIMES
Presently, all of us are experiencing hard times in the environment of Novel Coronavirus Pandemic. May it be remaining confined to our homes observing Lockdown or observance of social distance while going outside our homes to meet our requirements; we are in constant fear of infecting ourselves. We should try to remain balanced in happiness and sadness – never getting overly concerned thus impacting our growth and development.
It should always be remembered that our unlimited desires are responsible for our sadness and disappointments. If we control our desires and remain satisfied with what we have then we shall be happy at all times.
The following points should be kept in mind for keeping a healthy balance in our life for keeping ourselves happy despite hardships:As the waters (of different rivers) enters the Great Ocean, which though full on all sides remains undisturbed, like wise a person who is not disturbed by the incessant flow of desires – can alone achieve peace, and not the man who runs after these desires & strives to satisfy such desires – BHAGWARD GITA.
- In our lives we cannot have good times always. There would be difficulties and persecutions as we cannot keep all the people happy at all times. Whenever we face difficulties, our resolve to be happy is tested by our self-belief and unflinching belief in our Lord.
That is why for Christ sake, delight in weaknesses in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties,. for when I am weak, then I am strong – BIBLE
- We should always believe in God that He will come to our rescue whenever there is any difficulty. Only our belief in God would always come to our succor.
The day it comes, no soul shall speak except by His permission. Some of them will be wretched, and some happy.
And as for those who are happy, they will be in Paradise, abiding there so long as the heavens and the earth endure, unless your Lord wills, as uninterrupted giving. HOLY QURAN
- We should endeavor to act in such a way which bestows us happiness (Sukh) and inner satiety besides finally gives us freedom from any unhappiness (Dukh), In other words, we should perform all actions which give us joy – joy of giving and should not do anything which give us sorrow.
Apparently, as all human resources are aimed at seeking out happiness, it becomes imperative to convince ourselves as to exactly where this happiness is located. Is it located in the worldly objects, or, is it located somewhere else? SRI GRANTH SAHIB JI.
- By leading a spiritual oriented life. To be aware of your own self – knowing your potentials and weaknesses then remove the weaknesses to live a humble and sublime life.
- Be satisfied with what you have.
- Take right decision at right time.
- Giving gives us happiness. Be compassionate to the needs of others.
- Happiness and sadness are the two sides of the same coin. Introspect why you are unhappy and try to solve the cause of that unhappiness rather than recycling the thought of unhappiness.
- Understand your own self – WHO I AM?’ rather than comparing yourself with others.
- Be your own master by reigning in the mind rather than being becoming its slave.
- Never take anything negative to your sleep. If some conflicting incident(s) happens with anybody including the members of the family, these should be sorted out before going to sleep otherwise these incidents will remain haunting you since these will go to the sub-conscious mind thus impacting our life.
- Multiply your happiness by dividing smiles.
- Right thought and right Karmic deeds give happiness.
- Forgive and forget somebody’s mistakes.
- Always be positive in what you think and act.