POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE THOUGHTS IN COVID-19 PANDEMIC SITUATION
We are what our thoughts have made us so take care about what you think, words are secondary. Thoughts live, they travel far. Swami Vivekananda
What we think happens, if our thoughts are positive, then we can put those thoughts into practice but if we transact such an act without much worries about the outcome then we can focus more on our action – since if our thoughts are positive then results will always be good. In any event, if results are not to our liking, then, there is always a second chance. But we should not fritter our energies in thinking about results only. We should always keep in mind that positive thoughts are precursor of positive outcome.
Pessimist complaints about the wind, the optimistic expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails. William Arthur Ward
We term ourselves as positive ones when we believe that something will come out fine even when we are in dire straits. Only thing we can come out of the difficult situation is by remaining positive despite hardships. For instance, in the current situation of Novel Coronavirus Pandemic there are people who are hugely worried about the infection, though, in fact such people may or may not come in contact with already infected person(s). This unreasonable worry about infection or any other incident may cause more problem than the actual infection itself since by turning us negative thereby impacting our internal defences mechanism.
Alternatively, a person with positive frame of mind, even though getting infection through somebody does not fear but does everything possible to come out of infection – remains sanitized and isolated with positive orientation will be cured quickly without much negative effect on his system. Therefore, it is in the fitness of things to remain positive despite negative situation.
A NEGATIVE ORIENTED PERSON FEELS HOPELESS EVEN IN MOST CRITICAL SITUATIONS
It should never be forgotten that to overcome a difficult situation is to pass through that situation nonetheless. If we remain fearing about the coronavirus pandemic and keep totally away from our essential duties, then surely, we may escape from the virus but may ensnare os in still more calamitous situation. The idea should be to keep in mind, nothing remains permanent.
In life, we have ups and downs and life itself is a test. Sometimes we fail and sometimes we pass but it hardly means we should leave hope. Challenges are there to be faced and not feared. Fear to face challenges of life will bring us still more fears. This will also pass should be the buzz word.
On the other hand, if a person always gets jittery when placed in inappropriate situation and condition, it goes to show that such a person has accepted failure. A negative oriented person always has the negative thoughts. He is doubter or fishy and sees conspiracy in everything under the sun. ‘
Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognized morally recognized qualities of a man. George S. Patton
In life, we want only good things and not otherwise then we are living in fools paradise. Good and bad are the opposite sides of the same coin. If we want only one-side and ignore the opposite one then, sure enough, we cannot live life purposefully. Though everybody wants to have happiness but for happiness to happen, we have to experience ups and downs of our lives as life is not always bed of roses.
TRAITS OF A POSITIVE ORIENTED PERSON
- Atam Bodh or self-awareness is important wherein we know our potentials and shortcomings. These shortcoming could be eliminated by our positive thoughts and attitudes.
- Never gives up even in any situations and conditions with determination.
- Such a person creates appropriate environment wherever he/she goes.
- Sees hope in even hopeless situation and condition.
- Faces challenges of life with positive orientation.
- When such a person fails due to some reason, he/she does not feel let down but tries again. He/she failure as an experience.
- Positive person is a KARMA YOGI. Such a person knows what to think and when to act without any fear of challenges.
- Positive attitude provides us wherewithal’s or way out to come out of any difficult problem.
- If we follow spiritual oriented existence, then surely, we can find out way out even in dire situation in which we fall ourselves.
A person who says that he wants a problem free life is living in fool’s paradise.
Swami Vivekananda has rightly said: In a day, when you do not come across any problem – you can be sure that you are travelling in a wrong path. Swami Vivekananda.
TRAITS OF A NEGATIVE ORIENTED PERSON
- Has the attitude of ‘I cannot’ – have the unreasonable fears engulfing always.
- Have no guts to try. Such a person is lost in his/her own negative thoughts and does not even try.
- Such a person does not take any initiative to come out of the rut of negativity.
- Such a person is weak in willpower and worse still does not even venture to think of a situation to come out of the self-created situation.
- Never sees light at the end of a tunnel. Only sees the darkness at the nooks and corners.
- Never face challenges of life. Challenges for such a person are brickbats – reason enough to keep away from action.
- If he/she fails, he/she loses courage to try again. This brings about the downfall of the person concerned.
- He is a not a KARMA YOGI but does not want to follow such traits. A person with negative oriented existence does not think and act positively.
- Such a person is egocentric. If the individual concerned is able to do something out of the box, he/she feels as if everything is happening due to him/her.
- Such a person does not believe in the dictum: ‘Pride hath a fall’ since such a person is bereft of self-belief.
- Essentially, a negative oriented person’s mind drags him downward, away from truth thus cannot partake what exists inside of us.