AKSHAYA TRITYA : THE MOST AUSPICIOUS DAY
Akshaya means never decreasing in joy, expectation, hope and success along with prosperity; while Tritiya means third phase of the moon. It is called so after the lunar day of the spring month of Vaisakha. It is also termed as Akti or Akha Teej by Jains as well. This day is the most auspicious one for Jains since it commemorates the first Tirthankara ending of one year asceticism. This day is also termed as Varshi Tapa. On this day, Jains observe fast and other asceti austerities.
AKSHAYA TRITRITIYA FOR STARTING NEW VENTURES
Akshaya Tritritiya is considered to be the most auspicious day to start any business ventures, solemnize marriages, to purchase any property; gold and silver ornaments including initiating any ventures. It is also a day when we remember our ancestors for getting their blessings for the wellness of members of the family.
ON THIS DAY CHARITY FOR THE NEEDY IS DONE
On this auspicious day, charity to the needy is considered to be beneficial for the prosperity of whole of the family members.
BIRTHDAY OF PARASURAMA, THE SIXTH INCARNATE OF LORD VISHNU
This day is considered as auspicious since this day is also termed as Parasurama Jayanti. Lord Parasurama was the son of Jamadagni and Renuka. He worshipped Lord Shiva who gave him an axe as a war weapon to exterminate the evil doers. Lord Shiva also taught him the warfare skills. He was very aggressive in his approach; having traits of Kashtriya and Brahmins. Worshipping him sincerely can bring us prosperity and happiness.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ASPECTS
- It is also believed that Rishi Ved Vyasa started reciting Epic Mahabharata to Lord Ganesha without any interruption on this day.
- There is also a legend that sacred Ganges descended on earth on this auspicious day.
- It is also considered as the most sacred day since the temples of Gangotri and Yamunotri (The parts of Char Dhams) are opened on this day after the same are closed owing to heavy snowfall.
- This day too is considered as the auspicious one since Sudama (The childhood sakha) paid a visit to his childhood friend Krishna in Dwarka.
- On this day, God appointed Lord Kubera as the God of wealth therefore people purchase gold, silver and precious stones on this day
- This day is considered as one of the most auspicious days to start any business venture or to start anything which has ramification on the wellness of the family.
- In other parts of India, the farmer start sowing Kharif crops.
- This day too is considered auspicious one since the contruction of Lord Jagannatha Chariots starts on this day the Rath Yatra too.
As this day is of multifaceted and most auspicious since it is connected with so many deities: Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva, Lord Krishna, Lord Shiva, and many rishis of repute therefore, my prayer to all is to bestow the humanity happiness, joy, peace and prosperity.
One thought on “AKSHAYA TRITIYA : THE MOST AUSPICIOUS DAY”
HAPPY AKSHEYA TRITIYA TO ALL.
Comments are closed.